0.8 Unity Legacy Integration Release Notes
This document provides an overview of new features, improvements, and fixes included in the Oculus Unity Integration version 0.8.
Unity 4.x Legacy Integration 0.8.0.0
Overview of Major Changes
This document provides an overview of new features, improvements, and fixes included in the latest version of the Unity 4.x Legacy Integration. For information on first-party changes to Unity VR support for Oculus, see the Unity Release Notes for the appropriate version.
Unity 4.x Legacy Integration 0.8.0.0 extends OVRInput support to mobile. OVRInputControl and OVRGamepadController are now deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
Mobile input bindings are now automatically added to InputManager.asset if they do not already exist - it is no longer required to replace InputManager.asset with Oculus’ version. However, this asset is still provided for now to maintain legacy support for the deprecated OVRGamepadController and OVRInputControl scripts.
Mobile Unity Development
Mobile SDK 1.0.0 includes major changes to VrApi - please see the Mobile SDK 1.0.0 Release Notes for more information.
- Default mobile input bindings are now programmatically generated when projects are imported if they do not already exist.
- Replacing InputManager.asset is no longer required to enable gamepad support on mobile.
- Added mobile support OVRInput.
- Deprecated OVRInputControl and OVRGamepadController.
- Fixed mobile gamepad thumbstick deadzone/drift handling and axis scaling.
- Fixed mobile gamepad support when multiple gamepads are paired.
- Fixed mobile gamepad bindings for triggers, D-pad, thumbstick presses, etc.
- Some PC configurations may encounter instability when targeting the Windows platform with this release of the Unity 4.x Legacy integration. Please report any issues on our Developer Forums.