Oculus Changes in Unity v 5.3.5p2 and 5.4.0b21
Overview of Major Changes
Built-In Audio Spatialization
Unity Beta versions v 5.4.0b16 and later feature a basic version of our Oculus Native Spatializer Plugin for Unity 5 (ONSP). It makes it trivially easy to add basic spatialization (HRTF transforms) to audio point sources in your Unity project. For more information, see First-Party Audio Spatialization (Beta) in our Oculus Native Spatializer for Unity guide.
- If you assign Unity’s VR splash image, it will display as a world-locked quad using Asynchronous TimeWarp, which allows full position-tracked rendering while Unity prioritizes loading. To improve the user’s experience, the splash screen appears within 0.5s of app launch.
- Fixed a number of OpenGL ES errors, such as EGL_BAD_ALLOC due to implicit management of Unity’s WindowSurface.
- Fixed extra 180 degree yaw rotation on all OVROverlay quads.
- Fixed a few cases where D3D texture references were not released.
- Fixed start-up crash in Unity 4 in some applications.