Oculus Platform Overview
Let's go over the key Oculus Platform features.
You can enhance your app in a number of distinct areas, using the feature combination that's right for you.
You can use Oculus Platform features to enhance the following areas:
Security—Create a secure ecosystem with:
- Entitlements—Protect your app and your users with the Oculus App ID, an app secret, and user tokens.
Community—If you want to support realtime multi-player interactions, you can include:
- Identity—Make your app more personal by using your user's Oculus account username and integrating their friends list.
- Rooms—Let your players find a quick pick-up game in an existing room, or host their own room.
- Matchmaking—Match strangers together smartly. Let players choose or choose on their behalf.
- VoIP and P2P—Allow direct player-to-player communication for team-based or cooperative games.
Revenue—You have flexible options for generating revenue other than the price you set in the Oculus Store:
- In-App Purchases—Let power players upgrade their experience, while keeping the cost of entry low.
- Oculus Keys—Spread the word with free or discounted codes to get your app. You can sell these codes for as much or as little as you wish.
Engagement—Deepen interaction with your app by including:
- Leaderboards—Increase excitement by letting users see how they rank.
- Achievements—Create goals and let our automated accounting tally up what milestones users have reached, and what easter eggs they've found or missed.
- Cloud Storage—Make sure user data is safely saved across devices.